RCC Cheer Team Try-Outs will be held on Sunday May 7, 2017. Registration begins at 4pm, at Wheelock gym.
Please bring the following with you to try-outs:
- Completed Paperwork (Registration Form, Contract Signature Page)
- 4X6 head shot stapled to your Registration Form
- $20 Try-Out Fee (Cash Only)
- Photo Release form
Click Here for the following:
RCC Cheer and Dance Team Try-Out Registration Form (Bring with you to try-outs)
RCC Cheer and Dance Team Contract Signature Form (Bring with you to try-outs)
RCC Cheer and Dance Team Payment Schedule
Cheer Try-Out Frequently Asked Questions?
1. Does the Cheer Team Cheer at School Sporting Events? Answer: Yes. Cheer performs at all home Football and Basketball games, and any play-off games determined by the director. In addition, the team performs at other school and community related events throughout the year.
2. What is my class/practice schedule? Answer: You will be required to be enrolled in the designated cheer class/es through RCC every semester. These classes form your practices. Classes are UC/Cal State transferable. Class/Practices are held on Tuesday and Thursdays 7-9:15am. Additional practices may be added for competition preparation.
3. Does the team compete? Answer: Yes. The team competes in College STUNT. We will select the most talented, committed and dedicated students for our STUNT roster. This selection process will occur throughout the season. In order to be eligible to compete you must be enrolled in 12.0 credit hours. For more information visit http://usacheer.net/stunt/stuntoverview
4. What are the requirements to make the RCC Cheer Team? Answer: We are looking for cheerleaders with sideline, crowd leading and stunting experience. Tumbling is a plus.
5. What do you need to bring to tryouts? Answer: $20.00 try-out fee. Cash Only. If you are not currently 18 years of age you will need an adult to sign your registration information.
6. When do you find out if you make the team? Answer: Results will be posted by Wednesday May 10th via our team social media outlets. Facebook page: RCC Cheer & Dance, Instagram: @rccspiritteams and Twitter:@RCCSpiritTeams There will be a mandatory team orientation meeting on Wednesday May 17th at 7:00pm. Your first payment is due at this meeting. This meeting is mandatory for all team members (rookies and veterans) and it is strongly recommended that you bring your parent/financial supporter with you to this meeting. This will be their only opportunity to have our program explained to them in detail by the director.
7. How are tryouts run? Answer: You will be taught a sideline cheer and the fight song. You will be performing jumps and tumbling skills. Tumbling is not required, but recommended. If you do not tumble, don't let that stop you from trying out. You may have strengths in other areas that we value. The try-out will conclude with a stunting session.
8. What do you wear for tryouts? Answer: Sports bra and shorts
9. What costs are involved? Answer: Team members can expect to pay $600 for the season. This includes uniform rental, team clothes, warm-ups, coaching fees, etc. This amount is broken down into payments for your convenience. If you are selected you must be prepared to make your first payment of $300 by May 17th. Some fundraising opportunities will be available for assistance with the remaining balance.
Mark Your Calendars! Route to RCC Event on Saturday, April 29th from 8:30 to noon. This event is a great opportunity to see all that RCC has to offer and most importantly, will assist in the enrollment process. This event is STRONGLY encouraged for all potential team members.
Visit rcc.edu BE SURE TO APPLY FOR SUMMER SEMESTER