· RCC comes out on top in a hard fought match against Irvine Valley College in Orange Empire Conference play.
· For the fourth match in a row, freshman Eliott Moreno started the Tigers off with another dominating performance, this time in the #5 spot, 6-0, 6-3.
· Sophomore Jordan Gobatie turned in a very strong performance at the #1 spot, controlling the match from start to finish, 6-0, 6-2.
· After loosing at the #2 spot, and with Gustavo Carvalho sidelined with an injury, sophomore Ulises Banos stepped into the #4 spot and battled a tough opponent on every point. He turned in another strong performance and put the Tigers up 3-1.
· Irvine Valley battled back to win the #3 and #6 positions to even the match at 3-3 going into doubles.
· Doubles went back and forth, with one team needing to win two matches to win the team score.
· After falling behind early, the #1 doubles team of Gobatie and Banos rallied to take the first doubles point 8-4.
· It looked solid for the Tigers with the #3 doubles team holding a slim lead 5-4 while #2 doubles was struggling and trailing 2-5
· Facing match point at 30-40 and 6-7 in the Pro Set, the #2 doubles team battled back to take the game and never gave up the lead, eventually sealing the victory with a 9-7 win. Eliot Moreno got the double/double (first point for the Tigers and sealed the win for the Tigers).
· After giving up the lead at the #3 spot, Pesniak and Douglass battled back to eventually win 9-7, giving the Tigers the sweep in doubles.
· RCC now looks forward to a non-conference match at Victor Valley College tomorrow, Friday, February 22nd (2:00).
#1 Jordan Gobatie (RCC) d. Rafa De Luz (IVC) 6-0, 6-2
#2 Steven Le (IVC) d. Aliaksandr Pesniak (RCC) 6-4, 6-0
#3 James Lafond (IVC) d. Danny Garcia (RCC) 7-6 (4), 6-2
#4 Ulises Banos (RCC) d. Theo Braune (IVC) 6-4, 6-3
#5 Eliott Moreno (RCC) d. Chris Chau (IVC) 6-0, 6-3
#6 Jaime Roman (IVC) d. Colten Douglass (RCC) 0-6, 6-1, 6-3
#1 Gobatie/Banos (RCC) d. Lafond/Le (IVC ) 8-4
#2 Garcia/Moreno (RCC) d. Chau/Luz (IVC) 9-7
#3 Pesniak/Douglass (RCC) d. Braune/Roman (IVC) 9-7