The RCC Men's and Women's teams hosted an expanded dual-team format match againstPalomar College of the Pacific Coast Conference. This event brought the Men's and Women's teams together for their only joint dual-team match
· Without enough courts to start with singles in this dual match format, the match began with doubles.
· After taking an early lead with a victory at #2 doubles, the Tigers dropped #1 doubles and lost in the tie-breaker at #3 doubles.
· Trailing 2-1 on the Team score, and with #2 Aliaksandr Pesniak out of the singles line-up, the Tigers needed to step up to secure a victory.
· The Tigers needed to win the remaining two matches to bring home a victory.
· After losing the first set, Colten Douglass got it together and pulled the Tigers even with a three set victory.
#1 Tracy Beblie (PC) d. Jordan Gobatie (RCC) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3
#2 Danny Garcia (RCC) d. Mauricio Mosquesa (PC) 6-4, 3-6, 6-3
#3 Fabio Cruz (PC) d. Gustavo Carvalho (RCC) 6-1, 6-4
#4 Ulises Banos (RCC) d. Spencer Merchat (PC) 6-7 (0), 6-4, 6-3
#5 Luke Meoli (PC) d. Eliott Moreno (RCC) 6-2, 6-4
#6 Colten Douglass (RCC) d. Brandon Crisp (PC) 1-6, 6-4, 6-1
#1 Mosuero/Cruz (PC) d. Gobatie/Banos (RCC) 8-4
#2 Garcia/Moreno (RCC) d. Meoli/Meschat (PC) 8-6
#3 Beblie/Crisp (PC) d. Pesniak/Douglass (RCC) 9-8