- RCC (#4 seed) advances to the Southern California Semifinals with a hard fought win over South Coast Conference Champions Cerritos College (#6 seed).
- The playoff format played doubles first. The Tigers played well at #1 and #2 Dubs to take the lead 2-1 coming out of doubles.
- Sophomore Aliaksandr Pesniak sprained his ankle last Friday against San Diego Mesa and was unable to play. The Tigers stepped up and got the job done.
- Freshman Eliott Moreno returned to form and played a great match in the #5 singles spot and picked up the "Eco Boost Award" with a dominating win, 6-1, 6-1.
- Freshman Danny Garcia was not far behind with a strong victory at #2 singles, 6-2, 6-0.
- The Tigers were down a set at #1, #3, and #6 when sophomore Ulises Banos sealed the victory with a straight set win, 6-3, 6-3.
- The remaining matches were unfinished as the Tigers advance to play Ventura College (#1 seed) next Tuesday, April 16th at 2:00 in Ventura.
- RCC also looks forward to the Orange Empire Conference Individual Tournament on this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday April 11-13 at Fullerton College. The quarterfinalists in singles and doubles will advance from the conference tournament to the Ojai Regional and State Championships.
#1 Gobatie/Garcia (RCC) d. Eshmade/Espiritu (CER) 8-4
#2 Banos/Carvalho (RCC) d. Avila/Jeong (CER) 8-2
#3 Jenkins/Grijalva (CER) d. Moreno/Douglass (RCC) 8-2
#1 Jordan Gobatie (RCC) vs. Nathan Eshmade (CER) 5-7, 1-0, dnf
#2 Danny Garcia (RCC) d. Mat Espiritu (CER) 6-2, 6-0
#3 Gustavo Carvalho (RCC) vs. Todd Jenkins (CER) 1-6, 3-2, dnf
#4 Ulises Banos (RCC) d. Jullian Avila (CER) 6-3, 6-3
#5 Eliott Moreno (RCC) d. Gianni Jeong (CER 6-1, 6-1
#6 Colten Douglass (RCC) vs. Maurice Grijalva (CER) 5-7, 3-4, dnf