COSTA MESA -- Thierry van Os came from behind to win at No. 4 singles, but it wasn't enough as the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers men's tennis squad lost, 6-3, to the host Orange Coast College (OCC) Pirates Tuesday (Feb. 28) in an Orange Empire Conference (OEC) match.
Van Os -- who is pictured -- hails from Spijkenisse, Netherlands / Thorbecke School.
RCC Men's Tennis returns to the courts on Wednesday, March 1, when it hosts the San Diego City College (SDCC) Knights. SDCC is currently in first place in the Pacific Coast Athletic Conference. Play begins at 2 p.m.
California Community College
Orange Empire Conference Dual Match
Riverside City College at Orange Coast College
Tuesday, February 28th 2017
1. Brendan Baar (OCC) def. James Andra (RCC) 4-6, 6-4, 6-1
2. Sami Akouz (RCC) def. Noah Prohaska (OCC) 6-2, 6-3
3. Quoc Tran (OCC) def. Grady Harrell (RCC) 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. Thierry van Os (RCC) def. Peter Hariri (OCC) 4-6, 6-4, 6-3
5. Kendall Harris (OCC) def. Trent Harris (RCC) 6-3, 6-1
6. Ross Ewart (OCC) def. Ryan Cala (RCC) 6-3, 6-1
Order of Finish: 6, 2, 5, 3, 4, 1
1. Brendan Baar/Peter Hariri (OCC) def. Sami Akouz/Thierry van Os (RCC) 8-4
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
Final Score: at Orange Coast College 6, Riverside City College ;
Riverside City College: Overall (5-5), Orange Empire Conf. (0-2)
Orange Coast College: Overall (7-2), Orange Empire Conf. (1-2)