IRVINE -- In its penultimate dual match of the season and Orange Empire Conference (OEC) finale, the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers men's tennis team lost, 9-0, to the host Irvine Valley College (IVC) Lasers Tuesday afternoon (Apr. 4).
With the win, Irvine Valley (15-0 overall, 10-0 OEC) won the OEC dual match championship, RCC is 9-12 overall, 2-8 OEC.
RCC will conclude its regu;ar season dual match schedule on Wednesday, Apr. 5, when it travels to Grossmont College in El Cajon for a non-conference match beginning at 2 p.m.
California Community College
Orange Empire Conference Dual Match
Riverside City College at Irvine Valley College
Tuesday, April 4th 2017
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
1. Wyatt DeMulling (IVC) def. James Andra (RCC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Lucas Lesoeur (IVC) def. Sami Akouz (RCC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Chris Politiek (IVC) def. Grady Harrell (RCC) 6-2, 7-5
4. Leszek Mirecki (IVC) def. Trent Harris (RCC) 6-0, 6-1
5. Luis Castillo (IVC) def. Brandon Moerer (RCC) 6-1, 6-1
6. Jack Fryer (IVC) def. Ryan Cala (RCC) 6-3, 7-6 (11)
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3, 5, 4, 6
Final Score: at Irvine Valley College 9, Riverside City College 0;
Riverside City College: Overall (9-12), Orange Empire Conf. (2-8)
Irvine Valley College: Overall (15-0), Orange Empire Conf. (10-0)
Riverside City College returns to the courts on Wednesday, April 5th when they travel to Grossmont College for a non-conference dual match. Play begins at 2 pm.