EL CAJON -- Sophomore Trent Harris won at No. 5 singles and also contributed toward a win at No. 2 doubles to help the Riverside City College (RCC) Tigers men's tennis team to a 6-3 non-conference road victory over the host Grossmont College Griffins Wednesday afternoon (Apr. 5).
Harris is pictured.
The match was the regular season finale for Riverside City (10-12 overall). The Tigers expect to receive an at-large berth in the California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) South Regional Dual Team Championships, which are scheduled for next week.
California Community College
Non-Conference Dual Match
Riverside City College at Grossmont College
Wednesday, April 5, 2017
1. Morgan Peyre (GC) def. Sami Akouz (RCC) 6-1, 6-4
2. Maab Al Jumali (GC) def. Grady Harrell (RCC) 6-2, 7-6(7)
3. James Andra (RCC) def. Gabe De Jesus (GC) 6-4, 6-2
4. Ryan Cala (RCC) def. David Colera (GC) 7-6(4), 6-3
5. Trent Harris (RCC) def. Austin Reynolds (GC) 6-2, 6-2
6. Brandon Moerer (RCC) def. Ken Okuma (GC) 6-2, 6-0
Order of Finish: 6, 5, 3, 4, 1, 2
1. Maab Al Jumali/Morgan Peyre (GC) def. Sami Akouz/Thierry van Os (RCC) 8-0
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3
Final Score: Riverside City College 6, at Grossmont College 3
Riverside City College: Overall (10-12), Orange Empire Conf. (2-8)
Grossmont College: Overall (8-15), Pacific Coast Athletic Conf. (6-5)
This concludes the RCC Men's Tennis regular season. RCC Men's Tennis is awaiting an at-large entry to enter the Southern California Dual Team Playoffs. The seeding meeting will be conducted at Cerritos College on Sunday, April 9th beginning at 3:00pm.